Quote of The Day

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Moms



Digital Mothers
When a child is born most mothers elevate them 
high above their heads, dropping down a notch 
or two themselves. Putting children before most 
everything else, moms usually take seconds.
Fortunately when kids grow up  some will 
give their moms the accolades they deserve.
Sadly some  never do! 
Marta loves cooking for her church but she's also a scholar.
  I lovingly relinquish  all special occasions to my daughters
 in-laws, because I see the kids  daily, which seems fair
to me! I love that my daughter is part of a huge
 family of in-laws! Never too many people loving 
your children.
Ruby wears green boots with everything
Mothers day this year I felt melancholy, not for myself,
I feel loved and treasured. I felt sad for all the others
 not acknowledge. I felt sad for the barrage of Mothers
 Day advertisements woman must endure the month
 previous! I felt for the newer exhausted moms
  awoken by children demanding they make
breakfast while thoughtless daddies slept.
Minny is a church secretary. Happy tiler peeps!
 I felt heartsick for Mothers wearing disappointed 
faces, unacknowledged by their partners for the
daily hard work that goes into being a good mom!
Church Ladies Happy Tiler peeps
Behind computer screens are children without mothers,
childless woman, Mothers who have lost children, mothers
 who's children are miles away or sick!  All the Mothers
 Day hoopla is just a sad reminder of what is missing. 
My empathy was with them this year!
Athena is a serious editor
Of course social media doesn't help either 
with all the comparisons everyone does!
Just another pin prick for women to endure as
they hear about all the joy in the lives of others!.
Rhonda is a cat lady artist!
If only I could remind young woman
 life is a lot more complex and we 
should never compare ourselves to 
others!! Often things aren't as they
appear!
Mickey is a Reporter
Yes women should be acknowledged!
More than once a year too! Not just for 
Mothers day but everyday! My daughter 
felt the air of discontent among  the young
women who weren't acknowledged! Instead
of being a happy day, it was one of more hard
work. A sad reminder of being taken for granted!
Ladies with flowers Happy Tiler peeps!

 Too often mothers say don't waste your
  money on me. I don't need anything! 
 Truly all we want is our children to be happy!!
Still it's important to teach children how to treat
you, so they love and respect future partners!
I often fought with my own mother about that,
as she let my brother off the hook so easily!
Anita enjoys spending time with her mother and daughter
When I was young  my expectations were at times
unrealistically high, and special occasions had 
way more meaning. Now it's just another beautiful day, 
and everything else is a wonderful bonus!
Three generations of cat ladies
There comes a time when  a woman needs  to buy 
her own flowers and chocolates! Do what she
loves, and treat herself to something a bit
  extravagant. Even if others don't acknowledge
 shes worth it, she should never stop believing she is!!
Our Mothers Day bouquet we all enjoy!!
I usually send Happy Mothers Day greetings
 to everyone.This year I held back for those
mothers that feel left out!! Just because
 some Mothers aren't acknowledged with
  reverence doesn't mean they don't
  deserve the very best!!
 Rose picks flower from her garden
 Do you take charge of your life when
 expectations aren't met?
Helga is a financial advisor
  So last week my internet went down, albeit  
an adjustment we took a few days to replace
our router! The break in routine  changed
my computer habits for the better I think!
Angela adores her cat


I've been working on two large canvases
for my bedroom and they are still a work 
in progress.  In the meantime I am 
sharing the many left over Happy Tiler 
peeps again this week!! 
Molly buys herself flowers once a week
A fun thing about these characters is 
how their names promptly appear when
they do! I tried to change a few 
but it was a no go!!  It's kind of eerie 
how that works!! Many of the names
chosen I'd never pick in a million years.
One insisted  her favourite colour is green!
  Can you guess who that is?
Convention ladies Happy Tiler peeps

26 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love all your fun Tiler Peeps. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

artbyjune said...

I love your cat lady people!

peggy gatto said...

Loving your moms!!

Gillena Cox said...

A lovely bunch of Moms (✿◠‿◠)

Happy PPF

much love...

Nadya said...

What a kind Mother's Day tribute! Enjoy working on your painting! Happy PPF!
Xxx Nadya

Clare Lloyd said...

Always love the colours u use

Linda Kunsman said...

Love all your peeps! A very thoughtful post regarding mothers and Mother's Day. Happy PPF!

Latane Barton said...

Very good observation and advice.

JFM said...

I love your wonderful and beautiful tribute to moms!!!
They are all so bright and cheerfully painted!!!

Hugs~

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

My friend and neighbor was never able to have a child, though I know she tried ... and sadly, I think she would have been a marvelous Mother. But she makes up for it by doting on her nieces and nephews and my children and pets and everybody else's children and pets. And yet Mother's Day is a sad reminder of her loss and a quiet day in her house. She is the first person I think of on Mother's Day. She is so loved and her life is fulfilling, but she still feels this undeserved pain. Being a Mother isn't required to be celebrated as a Women ... I love your post today, it says so very much :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Christine said...

Fun art and I do think about women who aren't even mothers.

sirkkis said...

You are such a great observer and talented to create characters expressively. Super post.
Have a happy weekend šŸ’•

DVArtist said...

I am so impressed how you come up with this amazing characters. I think you should write a book using them. Your stories would touch many hearts.

My name is Erika. said...

I love how your mothers are all as different as real life Moms. Always such a joy to see your work. Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day, and hope this weekend is wonderful too. Hugs-erika

Fran said...

Great post Giggles and of course some adorable characters.

Granny Annie said...

Tremendous post. Love the characters and the tales of each kind of mother. You are brilliant.

carol l mckenna said...

Love each one ~ favorite is the one with the kitty ~ always delightful creations ~ thanks for visiting my blog ~

Happy Sunday to you ~ ^_^

Lisabella Russo said...

What thoughtful thoughts! How neat that your ladies have such perfect names for themselves...

denthe said...

I love your Happy Tiler peeps and the short descriptions you give of them. Their names fit perfectly, funny how that works! I really hope you're taking progress pictures of the large canvases for your bedroom. Can't wait to see them! Have a great week ♥

Laney said...

Love all your people - I can't choose a favorite!

Lynn Cohen said...

I love that for you everyday is Mothers day!
I do hope those in laws include you in some holiday get togethers!
Or that you and yours hold court on an alternate day to celebrate together!
I dislike what I call Hallmark holidays that make one feel they have to celebrate (anything ) for someone is always going to feel left out. I also don't like feeling obligated to be there for someone on that "designated special day" if I don't feel like it. (For whatever reason) nor do I want to be " honored" out of obligation. Honor me when the spirit moves you and I will do the same!
I adore your people, their outfits, roles and names you give them. I'd pick a favorite but I don't want to hurt any of the others feelings! šŸ˜Š
Happy Every Day!

NatureFootstep said...

love your people. Think I can see my grandmother in teh top one. But she used to wear a dress with small flowers :)

JKW said...

Beautiful post and so well put. When I moved to a new place and put the men in my life way (both passed on) I began buying flowers once a week for me. Something neither of them did. The last one did once in awhile and it was truly a treasure when he did. Now I plant them outside. Sometimes you just have to celebrate You. I love all the ladies you introduced today. Blessings, Janet.

Kristin said...

You really have a way with words, you seem to be able to express what others may just be thinking - or feeling! Thank you for this! I think this in particular really struck me: "Still it's important to teach children how to treatyou, so they love and respect future partners!" xoxo

Sue (this n that) said...

Beautifully said!

Sue (this n that) said...

oh, sorry, pressed before I had finished.
Your Mums are all so lovely in their own way - Rose and Molly especially :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...